Friday, January 1, 2016

Good bye 2015 Hello 2016


My year in 2015 started out with my word   "Release" and 4 goals. This was the year I needed to get my life back in order after a fall on Mother's Day 2014 that but me out and turned my life upside down. The stress of not being able to be independent, no exercise which has always been my stress relief from work and home. January was awesome lost 13 lbs and was feeling amazing. One problem pain in my left foot continued so I went for second opinion and MRI turns up a broken bone not treated and extreme internal joint damage. Surgery required and so 2015 turned into one of the toughest years to focus on my goals and word. Three surgerys in 2015 and I am still off my feet trying really hard to stay positive for a better 2016.

So hear are some of the highlights from 2015 and things that I am grateful for. 

1. Was able to take vacation to Alaska with friends and family. 

2. My daughter continues to make us proud while continuing with her dance team at FAU. She turned 20 and is doing great in school. 


3. My son continues to work and go to college part time. School has never been his thing so his attempt to try to go back makes me proud. 
4. My husband and I celebrated 25 years of marriage. I know he loves me so much as this year he has had to really step up and take care of me and do a lot more then he was accustomed to. 

5. Was able to make our first annual art retreat with my art soulmates. It was my first time in charleston. These girls took good care of me as I had just fallen again and broken right foot days before our planned weekend. Amazing friendships formed even stronger that weekend doing art. 

6. Despite all the down time, I was able to get lots of art journal time and quilts completed. Classes taken by many awesome artist.  Here are a few of my favorites.







No comments: