Sunday, March 3, 2013

Who's up for the Tattered Florals Challenge by TIm Holtz?


I usually don't do challenges because I often think my work is just not good enough to enter.  This weekend I had some time in my studio and since I happen to have the Tattered Floral die why not!  Beside, my OLW is Choose , so I choose to take on the Challenge and have fun with it.

I knew I wanted to make something to put out around my house.  I have been making little canvases for each of the holidays after getting hooked on Christy Tomlinson's "Winter Whimsy workshop" this past December and then inspired to make something with flowers since taking "Brave Girl Art School 1"  class. 

I had picked up some dollar frames at Goodwill and decided instead of using a canvas I would use this frame.



I added a little white and pink paint. Pulled out some coffee filters and using my Tattered Florals die cut out some flowers.  Then using my Dylusion sprays (Bubblegum, Pure sunshine) I added life to my flowers. 



For the leaves I used scraps of Quilt batting and cut some free form leaves and then sprayed with some Dylusion Dirt Martini spray.

For the Phase "Love Blooms"  I used my Creative Memories Storybook 4 software and found this phase that I colorized using Gradient with Pink and Orange to match my flowers.

Next I used my "On the Fence" die by Tim Holtz and painted it with some Picked fence crackle paint.  Behind the fence I added a little seed packet from K&Company that I had laying around the matched my colors perfectly.

Love how it turned out and will enjoy!  So thanks Tim for challenging me because I already won in that I now have this beautiful spring frame to remind me of the beauty of SPRING!!!  Winning your challenge would be a BONUS!!!!

Can't wait to see what everyone else creates using the Tattered Florals die!

Christine

No comments: