Sunday, April 29, 2012

What's a girl to do on a raining day?


Well looks like the weekend here in Sunny Florida is not so Sunny.   This whole weekend has been a complete wash for plans outside. 

Weather like this made me want to stay in my PJ's all day and get my art on. That is after I get my chores done.

So what did I do:
I got caught up on my emails and found a old post from Karenika that was perfect for getting me thinking about what I am grateful for on such a gloomy day.

Karenika challenged me to write mine so here are some of the things that I am grateful for.

1. The little bits of family time I get with my teenagers!
2. The way my son is taking to adult life and working so hard to get ahead in life.
3. My hubs who still says he loves me all the time!
4. My weight loss lately!
5. My daughter who makes me proud when I watch her dance!
6. My new art friends that I met at Inspire retreat - They have inspired me to no end!
7. The ability to find bits of my day to create, feeding my soul with color and texture and allowing my self to be free!
8. My health!

After catching up on emails and not getting caught on Pinterest all day, I managed to cook my meals for the week.  It's going to be an easy one since hubs is heading out of town for 2 days.  Perfect opportunity for me to slack in the kitchen for a few days!

Next, I did a little laundry and ironing.   Boy do I hate ironing!

Went to Zales to have my diamond rings checked. Turned out both rings had loose diamonds so they had to send them off for repairs.  I told the girl that it looks like I will be single for a few weeks and then out of the blue hubs noticed a nice ring in the display, tried it on and guess what I went home with.  A new white and blue Sapphire ring.  Just another bright moment on a gloomy day!

Then it's home to squeeze in a little art time.  I managed to finished up the last 2 video's in my Art of Wild Abandonment class I have been taking.  Can't wait to start week 3. Then start my ATC cards for my awesome artist friends from Soulful Artist Inspire.  Think I finaly managed to figure out what I wanted to do with them.


Here's to a Sunny day tomorrow, I hope!
Bye for now,

No comments: