Monday, February 27, 2012

The cook isn't slackin....

Just realized that I haven't posted my weekly meal plans since end of January.  It's amazing where the weeks go.  Well the cook hasn't been slacking because the family won't let her.  Turns out that the last few weeks cook decided she needed to focus a little on her waist line, so I re-signed with Jenny Craig and already lost 5 lbs.  Woo Hoo!

So since I don't get to enjoy my meals prepared for the family, I have decided it was time for some repeats of weeks past. My Sunday's are still spent planning and preparing, but no new recipes to share with you.

This week I decided to change it up a bit, with me going out of town on them for 4 days, I needed to make sure they were well fed and happy.  My hubs and daughter will be happy campers, because I made lots of Italian. My Sonny on the other hand will not be so happy!  He's got the Irish gene and loves his meat and potato!

So here's what's on the menu this week..

Monday - Stuffed Pesto & Sun dried tomato Parmesan crusted Chicken Breast
I made this one up.  I had a jar of Pesto and sun dried tomatoes that needed to be used, so I mixed it in some ricotta and stuffed the Chicken breast.  Then rolled the best in Panko and fresh Parmesan cheese.

Tuesday - Pasta Puttanesca
I just took a simple Puttanesca recipe from a previous week and will cook up some pasta to add to it.

Wednesday - Rigatoni with Spinach and Sausage
I got this recipe from my Pamper chef meals in 29 minute book. It called for Orecchiette but I could not find so substitute Rigatoni.

Thursday - Chicken and Roasted Garlic Lasagna from For the Love of Cooking blog.


Friday - Sorry family, your on your own!  Mom is out playing with her creative friends.

Bon Appetit,

No comments: