Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be My Valentine Dinner Crop

In the spirit of Valentine's day, I wanted to share with you a "Be My Valentine Dinner crop" I hosted for some scrap booking friends this month.


You see they love my cooking and decorating, so every year they put all their raffle tickets into the Chinese raffle at our Annual National Scrapbook Day event for a chance to have me cook and create a memorable evening with friends.

It wasn't easy pulling of the event this year, as I was in a funk since my Birthday the week prior and was not preparing in advance as my usual self would do.  Yeah, I had ideas that I saw on other blogs and magazines but procrastinated to get ready for the big day.  Until about 11pm the night before, I went out onto Pinterest and search valentine and thank heaven for little miracles.  The ideas poured in and by morning, I was running around preparing, cooking and setting up.  (Even managed to sneak away for the Smash club at the local scrapbook store in the afternoon Heeee!)

The table -
Rain prevented us from eating under the stars, but we made due under my patio.

Their place setting and gift.
Made place mats shaped as hearts using napkins.
Painted a 97cent frame found at Walmart and printed a valentine saying off the internet.

Dessert - Raspberry Brownie Fudge Truffle

Amazing what you can pull off in just a few hours with ideas off the internet!

Happy Valentine's day to all,

No comments: