Sunday, December 11, 2011

What's happening in your kitchen?

In my kitchen there has been lots of activity over the past week.  Between weekly meal preparations and holiday baking the oven has been non-stop.

It is getting harder to prepare my weekly meals on Sunday, when I have been in the kitchen busy baking most the weekend. Over the holiday I usually make any where between 400 to 500 cookies to share with friends and family and the occasional mouse (that's my kids who sneak cookies and dough when I'm not looking).

So far I have made 6 batches of dough for my traditional Christmas cutout cookies waiting to be baked, 2 batches of Mounds and Almond joy cookies, 7 batches of Peanut Brittle, 2 batches of Cinnanom Role cookies and 2 batches of Butter Pecan Fudge.  I am testing the Cinnanom role cookies and Butter Pecan fudge this year to change it up a bit.  If they turn out good, there will be more batches to make.

Here is a sneak peek at some cookies in the making....


Still have to dip the Mounds and Almond Joy into Chocolate.

Since we can't live on cookies alone, not like I would get any complaints, I did manage to get meals pre-made for the week ready to pop in the oven in the morning as I head off to work. 

Can't tell you how wonderful it feels to come home after a long day and dinner is waiting for you.   I highly recommend Menu pre-planning for all you that work all day and want to provide healthy meals for your families.

Here's what on our menu this week....

Monday - Salsa Verde Chicken Bake by Simple Recipes.

Tuesday - White Bean and Sausage by Simple Recipes and a Green Salad by Simple Recipes

Wednesday - Chicken Parm

Thursday - Grilled Steak with Mushroom Piquant by Publix

Friday - Pizza night

Bon Appetit,

No comments: