Monday, December 5, 2011

A Weekend in New York

Back from a wonderful weekend in New York celebrating my daughters Sweet 16th Birthday.  She and I have always wanted to see New York during the Holidays so what better excuse to go then for her Birthday.   The weather was spectacular, except she was praying for SNOW!!!!

The weekend was all about her and what she wanted to do in the city.  Well we did it all and my feet are feeling it.  I never walked so much and by 11pm the last night I was crawling to the Hotel to kick off my boots and wished I could just slip into my sandals.


1st stop - New York Pizza

2nd stop - Shopping at her Favorite stores
Can you guess what store's we visited?
3rd stop - Rockefeller Center 
What a surprise, guess who we ran into while taking pictures of the Tree!

 
4th stop - Window displays
I thought that the best windows were at Lord and Taylors.

5th stop - Carmine's for Dinner
Met up with my sister and her friend Cindy, my cousin Tricia and her son Christopher and daughter in Law.

Day 2
1st stop - Skating at Rockefeller center Rink


2nd Stop Serendipity Cafe
We watched the movie before we left and had to visit the famous spot.
Wanted to try the Hot Cocoa, but there was a 2 1/2 hour wait and we had a show to catch.  Maybe next time.
3rd Stop - Rockettes show


4th stop - China town and Little Italy for some designer shopping
She made out with a few items that Daddy bought her.

5th stop - Back to Time Square for some more shopping
I spy us just under the # 2.   See us?

And the best part...
 What's the chances of our room number randomly ending up being my daugther's birth date?


Well we did it all and my feet are feeling it. I never walked so much and by 11pm the last night I was crawling to the Hotel to kick off my boots and wished I could just slip into my bare feet.

Happy to be home where the sun is shining, no jacket, gloves and boots!

1 comment:

Gerri said...

How amazing the ROOM NUMBER that is so Cool! Almost as cool as randomly running into ME in Rockerfeller Center!! We had a great time too! Next time we need Nat with us and maybe just the girls! Good to see Vinnie he was quite the SPORT with all the girls!