Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Preparations underway

Spent Friday pulling out all my holiday recipes, making my shopping list, and heading to the store to get a head start of my preparations.  I wanted to avoid the weekend rush that usually occurs around here when it comes to holiday food shopping. 

What about you.... Do you try and get your groceries before the crazy weekend rush?

Today, I woke up around 7am, started making crepes for my daughter and her friend for breakfast.  There was a facebook exchange between the two of them this week where they decided that they missed my crepes and wanted them for breakfast this weekend.  So around 9am I had little visitors for breakfast.

While I was making the crepes, I started my weekly cooking routine getting my week meals ready to go and that includes Thanksgiving day's meal. 

My hubs family is joining us this year so I will be cooking for 14.  Cooking a 20 lb Turkey and hoping to have some left overs for weekend meals.

So here's what cooking on the home front this week....

Monday - William Sonoma Black Bean Chili.  I tore this recipe a couple of years ago out of one of the catalogs I picked up in the store. 

Tuesday - Cesar Chicken Salad. 

Wednesday - Fish Taco's
This is a repeat from a couple of weeks ago.  They where a hit and figured with all we are going to be eating on Thursday, this would be a light meal.

Thursday - Happy Turkey Day!!!! 


Our Feast will include:
Turkey
Corn Bread Stuffing
Mom's Traditional Twice Baked Potatoes
Aunt Bert's Cranberry Salad
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Beans
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Walnut Crumb Pie

Only thing left to do is cook the Turkey and Pies, make the Turkey place holders, set the table and make the antipasti salad. 


Oh and I have to share, while sitting on the couch all day, watching me cook, my Hubs make the biggest deposit into my Personal Bank Account when he offered to help me in the kitchen.  I of course immediately gave him a job.  Something to be Thankful for today!!!!!


Buster helped me in the kitchen today too.  He makes sure that he is under my feet all day, just in case something good falls to the floor.  As you can see, he tasted the Cranberry Salad. 


Bon Appetit,

No comments: