Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekly Menu Planning

It's week 9 and the family is requesting some repeats for this week.  So I replaced some of my scheduled meals with some old time favorites.

Here is what's cooking......

Monday - Penne with. Chicken Thighs from Pioneer Womens blog.


Tuesday - My Eggplant Lasagna - Old time favorite

Wednesday - Fish Tacos with Lime-cilantro crema from Cooking Light May 2007
I cut this recipe out of the Cooking Light Magazine several years ago and I am finally going to give it try.  I have never had Fish taco's before but hear they are really good.  I know the crema sauce tasted good, I tried a little while I was putting away in a Tupperware container.

Here's the recipe....
Crema:
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 Tbls Fat-free Mayo
3 Tbls Reduced-fat sour cream
1 tsp. grated lime rind
1 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced

Tacos:
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1/8 tsp salt
4 fillets

Directions: Coat fish with Taco spices and bake on 425 for 9 minutes. Place fish in bowl and break up with fork. Heat tortillas, fill with fish and top with some crema.

Thursday - Mediterranean Chicken Thighs with Red mashed potato's - Repeat from Week 2


Friday - Penne with our family favorite Bolognese sauce - Old time favorite

Bon Appetite,

No comments: