Sunday, October 2, 2011

Back in the Kitchen

OK I took the week off, had to recover from my weekend away with my sisters.  However, I still cooked just nightly instead of all in one day.  They had enough fast food and was begging for mom's cookin again. I was in the kitchen everyday making just ordinary dinners and some backup meals in a bag that cook within 10 minutes in a skillet. These meals help me out for nights when there is limited time because as soon as I walk in the door, I have to leave to taxi to dance class.

The refrigerator is stuffed again and dinners are cooked for the week.

Here what's on the menu....
Monday - Easy Penne Pasta with Zucchini and Basil pesto from KalynsKitchen.com.



Tuesday - Southwestern Meatloaf over Rustic Red potato smashed potatoes.  Meatloaf from Pamper Chef's season book 2009

Wednesday - Grilled Orange Glazed pork chops over rice.  The orange glaze is from the 29 minutes to Dinner cook book.  The recipe is for Orange-glazed sticky ribs, but I make with pork chops and it awesome.  I marinate the pork chops over night and then when the chops are grilling I cook the marinate until it almost caramelizes.  If you like sweet with a little kick then you have to give this one a try!

Here is the glaze recipe:
1 orange
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
3 tbsp cider vinegar
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Thursday - Tilapia Puttanesca over pasta.  Recipe from Pamper Chef's 28 minute meals cookbook.  It called for Halibut but we love Tilapia so I switched it up.

Friday - $4.99 Pizza and a salad.

Bon appetit,

1 comment:

CINNIBONBON said...

Gotta try that pork chop one-- yummy