Saturday, October 15, 2011

Autumn Daze

As I walked into the the World Quilt show in Palm Beach last Fall, I immediately hit the 1st both and saw this quilt hanging up on display.  The colors where so intense, I immediately fell in love!  There was only 2 kits left and even though I had just walk in and had no idea what other surprises I would come upon in this large convention center full of wonderful color of Fabric and quilts I bought it.  Well, as I walked away the other kits was purchased right behind me.  As I wondered up and down the isle, running into friends and showing them my find, it turned out they too had come upon this brilliant colorful quilt and was disappointed when the booth owner told them it was sold out.   I was the lucky one that day, and after finishing it this year, I feel even luckier!

This was the first time I worked with Kaffe Fasset's fabric and it was pure pleasure.  The colors make me so happy every time I look at it.

It's on display in my room this Fall.  Fits nicely on my bed and with the cooler weather I coming I can't wait to curl up and watch a movie soon.

In just a couple more weeks I will be heading to the World Quilt show and hope to find another spectacular quilt to take home with me this year.

Happy Quilting,

1 comment:

Gerri said...

Yeah! It looks beautiful and nice to finally see on on YOUR bed! Great job as always!