Thursday, December 30, 2010

Homemade gifts

There is nothing like the joy and pleasure I get from making homemade gifts for friends. I would like to share with you what I made for both my amazing talented friends.

Priscilla aka "Simply Cila" who is a talented scrapbooker and paper crafter. We were introduced in 2003 by a neighbor when she found out that I scrapbooked. Well, we have been buddies ever since. Getting together when our family time permits and doing what we love best. Scrap booking or paper crafting. I made this apron using the Donna Downey canvas apron. I embellished it with vintage lace and dollies, hand embroidery.

Love the way it turned out. What do you think?






Tucked away in the pocket, I made a vintage tag to go with it.




Next, was Beverly's gift. You see Beverly is a quilter and when I say Quilter I mean Quilter. She lives 3 doors down and had been my inspiration, teacher, shopping buddy, quilt show buddy and I owe all that I have learned from her talents and patience with me as I learn the art of Quilting. I made Beverly, a travel needle book made from to store all her needles. I experimented with free motion writing and was proud of the way it turned out. This was a very freeing project.
Don't you love it?



What did you make this year?

2 comments:

Marie said...

These two gifts are priceless. I especially love the 'multi-page' needle book. I never thought about having them all in the same little book - I made separate books for each type of needle. I definetly like your idea better.

Hugs - Marie

City Girl Turns Country said...

Awesome... you truly are the talented sister. I just wish I had half of your talent...As I treasure my quilt you gave me, I know they will treasure these.