Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Fun

I think Halloween is becoming more fun as I get older. It's not about the candy anymore but about the laughs of watching everyone in their costumes. There are some amazingly creative people out there and people I would have never pegged as a person who sews actually does.


Check out these Lady Gaga's.


This years theme for our department was Iron Chef International! Since everyone I work with comes from almost every country on earth and we love the excuse to eat. This was the perfect Theme for this year!


I was France to celebrate my heritage.



My husband and I made a Eiffel Tower and then I used curtains and setup a nice table setting to mimic a street cafe along side the Eiffel Tower.







There is not much you can do in a small space, but I was extremely happy with the way it turned out.



I made Crepes rolled in Nutella and cream....




and caramelized onion tart....




The food was absolutely amazing from Norway, China, Nepal, India, Russia, Poland, Ireland, England, Italy, Porto Rico, South Africa and more.



Even enjoyed some Cuban coffee at the Coffee stand....



Does that look fun!

As for the kids, my son to cool to trick or treat these days. Of course he still loves the candy, so I can expect to hear his sister on occasions screaming at her brother to stay our of her room and away from her candy.


My daughter kept it simple by using what's around the home to make herself a Ninja. The first year I didn't have to make or buy any costumes! Yeah!!!!




Happy Halloween!

No comments: