Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Confession of the WIP Queen

I am coming clean...... I love to start them, get bored, start another, and another and finish one here and there!
Am I alone or are all quilters this guilty?

You see at the beginning of the summer I was excited to be free of homework, taxi service and all the other little things I do for the kids during the school year. I couldn't wait to finally have time to quilt. Well with just days away from summer's end and school starting up looks like I won't be completing all the WIP's that I had hoped to finish this summer.

Here is what I have left and only a few weeks to complete up?

Mom's Redwork Quilt:
Just need to make scallop edges, add binding and quilt border.

Summer Table runner:
I made this table runner last summer and never got around to quilting it. Do you think I should just sit down and quilt this little table runner so it is ready for next summer?

Home and Heart:
I bought this jelly roll last year and in January when my class with Kim Diehl was cancelled I decided to start some of the blocks. Well, as filler between quilts it was an easy one to whip up blocks when I had little time during the weeks. I only have about 2 blocks left to make, then I can assemble the whole top.
Passion Flowers:

This one I started this summer, because my quilting buddy did one and I fell in love with it. I can only hope mine will turn out as beautiful as hers. Her quilts inspire me! Started collecting blues and reds and little by little I am close to completing the flower. Still auditioning the flowers before sewing the final applique pieces.

Do you think I have my work cut out for me in the next two weeks. The sad part, these are not the only WIP's I have in my closet waiting for me to finish up!


OK --- now that I got that off my chest, I can't wait to start the new kit I bought while on vacation in Hersey, PA at a cute Quilt shop that I visited called "Quilt Makers Cottage" thanks to my iphone navigation system. The coolest thing was that they just happend to be featured in the Spring/Summer 2010 Quilt Sampler Magazine. So I was able to get an autograph copy of the magazine and see 1st hand the beautiful quilts that they had featured in the magazine. I must say, they were even more beautiful up close! Pickup the addition, there are some nice shops featured around the United States, that just might be in your neck of the woods, or you pass by on your travels.
Back to finishing up my WIP's,

No comments: