Monday, July 19, 2010

Vacation over and Back on Track


Fresh, relaxed and back to work after a week vacation. I am so ready to start eating home cooked meals again. I don't know how anyone can eat out every day. We get so tired of the same restuarants and food available when on vacation. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the occasional break from the kitchen but not every day of the week. I enjoy cooking and eating but knowing how it is prepared and fresh makes it so much more enjoyable. Plus I am not tempted by the portion sizes.

We did find a restuarant in Hershey PA that was amazing and the best food we ate all week. In fact, we loved it so much, we ate there every day while in Hershey for lunch and dinner. Tried everything we possibly could on the menu and pleased with every dish. Oh and dessert, OMG! The BEST!! If you are ever in Hershey, PA you have to stop at the Hershey Pantry for a meal. You won't be disappointed!!!!! I will be trying to recreate a couple of Panini sandwhiches we had. One in particular, Roast beef, Cranberry, Brie, and granny apple slices. OMG!! Delicious!!!!!

Oh and lets not forget about the Chocolate in Hershey, PA. Everywhere you went Chocolate kisses in a bowl for your tastin.





As for our stop in Philli, the kids got their fill of Summer School with a History lession and it's so nice to see them ask questions and get to experience some of what they learn in school. It's makes it more real to them then just black and white text in a textbook. And top of the list of things to do was to try a Real Philli Cheese Steak sandwich, which we did. We stopped at Sonny's on Market Street and everyone loved it. However, me the sauce lover that I am, just needed some Steak sauce of something to top it off. No steaksauce, so ketchup it was! I know I ruined it, as the kids and owner made faces, but I enjoyed it so to me that's all that counts!

So starting today, I am officially back on track with my Sister weightloss challenge and happy to report after 2 weeks of vacation, I only gained 1 pound. Measurements will have to weight till next week.

Current Weight: 162

PS. Lil Sis, there was no excuse for you taking time off for my vacation! So get your self back in gear and kick but!!

2 comments:

City Girl Turns Country said...

Oh, I was not on vacation from the challange only the posting.... good job on gaining only one pound. I know how hard it is to get off and vacation is never easy.

Marie said...

My favorite sandwich in the whole world is turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and cream cheese.

Marie