Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Struggling to come back....

Finally after over a week, I have made it back to my blog. I was hit hard over a week ago last Sunday, by the news of a friend who passed unexpectively from Breast Cancer. Here I was posting the winner of my Gratitude Journal and at the same time, my husband sitting across from me, breaking me the news.

To say the least I was in shock, and still some days still can't seem to hold back some tears for her and her precious little girls she left behind with their dad. Events like this really make you internalize your own situation and think about what your family would do if you were to pass.

These past days, I have been really focusing on my family and making sure that I don't gripe when they ask me for homework help, or even to tuck them in when they come home late from a night out. In the past, I would sigh, and state "I am already in bed and I have to walk across the house to tuck you in?" Reality check: What was I thinking,I could be gone tomorrow!!!!

I have been making the time to really listen and be there now for them!!! Because they are whats important in my life.

So work and play will just have to take a second seat!

So I am grateful for every day that I get to wake up, spend time with my family, and tuck them into their beds at night with a good night kiss. I could do this everyday to eternity!!!!


2 comments:

Carrie P. said...

So very sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad.
It is so easy to our family for granted. It is good when we realize we are doing that and we can do better.

Rosabela said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's hard losing a loved one. My heart goes out to her little girls and her husband.

What a lovely post you wrote. Something like this is an eye opener. My kids are napping right now but when they wake up I will give them the biggest hug.