Friday, April 9, 2010

A new love for Applique

Sorry, I have been quite the last couple of days but I have been on a mission to complete my current quilt project.

You see I have a passion for applique. Every time I see a applique quilt, I want to make one too. I loved doing the pieces by hand using freeze paper, but often my small pieces just didn't cut it.
On March 25th, I mentioned that I was taking a class with Kim Diehl to learn how to do invisible machine applique. Talk about easy, it's been about three weeks later and I have completed the entire applique center and added the border blocks. All I have left to do it quilt.

I am so happy with the way it has turned out so far.






Now tomorrow it's a trip to the quilt store to pick up the back fabric, so I can quilt and enjoy my quilt.





1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

Great job! It is beautiful. I have that book. A lady in our applique group is working on that pattern too but doing needleturn.