Thursday, March 4, 2010

Old-Fashion Hospitality Quilt

I am so happy to report that I have completed all the blocks to my current quilt project "Old-Fashion Hospitality" from Kim Diehl's book "Simple Comforts". I am scheduled to take a class with Kim on March 25th and have also completed the center piece for the application section completed which is the homework assignment before the class.

This quilt has been very enjoyable as it is the first real scrappy quilt that I have attempted. Of course, I didn't have all the scraps that I needed so increasing my stash was required. Love those trips to the Quilt stores and shows to stock up on fabric for those raining days.

Don't you just loves these blocks?

If you have love warm colors, check out Kim's books. After purchasing the Simple Comforts book for this class, I just had to have her other books. I have purchased "Simple Seasons" too and have already picked out my next project. Can't wait to show you, working on cutting up the scraps from the Old-Fashion Hospitality quilt into 1 1/4 in. squares. Need 160 so it might take me a while.

Here is a review of her book: Simple Comforts if you want to check it out.

Make it a great Day!

1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

How exciting to be able to take a class with Kim. Have a great time.
I do love your blocks.
Thanks for coming by my blog.